Pat's Planes Links
Here is some great free software sites:
NASA Interactive Programs
PortableApps, Found here - A platform and set of software packages
that do not require Windows installation. They can be located on your hard drive or a flash drive for conveniently carrying with
you. Although there are many packages that will work with the portable apps platform the essentials are:
- Libre Office - Full suite of document software. Can be used for so much to help to present a science project.
- Inkscape - Vector graphic program. I use this to make my folding diagrams
- The GIMP - Full graphic editing software
- Krita - Another powerful graphics editor -- Great for decorating planes, although a learning curve is required.
- Irfanview and/or XnView - Photo viewing software
- PicPick - Set of utilities such as screen capture
SnapFiles - Great freeware site.
RJ TextEd - Great web site coding software. Now also available as a PortableApp.
iPhotoDraw - Program to use to decorate paper prior to folding
using vector defined shapes and text.
paint.net - Another program to use to decorate
paper prior to folding using raster defined shapes and text. A little more power and a little more complex.
MyPaint - A program to decorate paper prior to folding using more complex
style brushes (raster defined). Now also available as a PortableApp.
Looking for more info on paper airplanes? Check out the following links:
Or some great free paper airplane sites:
Some old friends sites (non airplane):
Some other interest: